Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Remembering Teen Wolf

There is a scene in Teen Wolf where the Michael Fox character is bemoaning his lack of coolness or lack of popularity or his ordinariness (it's been a long time since I have seen it), and he says something like, "I get $8 haircuts," meaning that his haircuts aren't very good. This was a shock to my system, something that I had never considered. I remember wondering at the time, how would a more expensive haircut look better?

I still don't have an answer to that question, but I think I have discovered another haircut fact. You may be able to tell when someone has gotten a $0 haircut.

I wish all barbers well, but I really don't like spending money on haircuts. As part of our money savings campaign, I made a $35 investment and bought an Norelco electric hair razor, promoted as a "do-it-yourself" appliance. This may not have been a good move. I cut my hair on my own a few weeks ago and now that it is growing out a bit, I think I am seeing how irregularly I must have cut it. Or am I? Any self-cut hair experiences out there?

If I were younger none of this would not be a problem. I would just continue to grow my hair and become a teen wolf myself.

2 comments:

  1. Brother Alexander, I have tried this approach in my earlier 20s and had my wife do my haircut. It was a failure to the highest measure. We get coupons for Great Clips and get it cut for $6. Consider yourself lucky, you still have a good and full set of hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blake - of course, so do you. Did you see your brother's comment about how much they had saved over the years by Jenny cutting their hair? Incredible.

    ReplyDelete