Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My memories are good even if my memory is bad

A friend of mine was describing a friend of his as "pushing 60."

I am pushing 60, I thought.

I am pushing 60, have a bad memory, and am working on my Phd, I thought further.

People ask me if it's stressful.

"Not if you can't remember" is my answer.

The thing about having an unreliable memory is I keep Denise laughing - when she is not wanting to clobber me.

It also means that we save a lot of money on entertainment. I have already figured out that when I retire, for entertainment I can buy 10 movies and watch them over and over again, each new watching as if for the first time, as glorious as the one before.


3 comments:

  1. haha! I am all too familiar with Mom reminding you that you either had or had not already seen a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete